mercredi 5 juillet 2006

Wednesday Kitchen blogging, or Eat My Dust

I'm off from work this week, and of course the project isn't going as quickly as I'd hoped. Yesterday I spent hours sanding the corner tape job I did on the cabinet soffits:



...and more hours cleaning up the resulting dust.

Of course, once you get started, you think about what you're going to do next. Our kithen is an L-shape, with a drop-in cooktop next to the wall, and this completely pointless and intrusive bump-out holding a wall oven and three cabinets:



My eventual plan is to line the long wall opposite the work area with more cabinets so I can sacrifice the three cabinets on this bump-out, then replace the cooktop with a real range when I have a new countertop installed.

And now, by popular demand, here is the World's Ugliest Kitchen Floor:



Can you imagine anyone looking at this and thinking, "Gee, that's pretty!" -- even in 1975?

Today it's rainy and humid, and I am off to apply primer to the entire mess.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire