mercredi 31 mai 2006

Eight Random Facts About Me

Oh, dear Lord...at the risk of feeding the trolls, here goes:


1. I write "women's fiction" with flawed, angsty protagonists who tend to follow a "transgress/redemption" storyline -- pretty conventional stuff for an iconoclast.

2. For all that I'm opposed to it on principle, I have actually considered plastic surgery -- for about five minutes.

3. My dream house would be a fully restored, 1800-square-foot Craftsman bungalow full of Stickley furniture. Something like this. (But it's gotta have two bathrooms...)

4. I believe in reincarnation and have had experiences that can only be chalked up to past-life memories.

5. If I (God forbid) can't stay at my current job because of layoffs, my "dream second career" would be as a personal chef.

6. I march to my own drummer more than people think. Feminist bloggers dislike me because I can't see getting hot under the collar because John Aravosis called Sen. Pat Roberts a "Big girl". Mainstream Democrats dislike me because I refuse to support candidates from outside the district who are chosen by the party apparatchiks because they have cash. Maybe that's why I don't get a lot of traffic.

7. I fear death and often have the nagging thought, "What if the Christofascist Zombie Brigade is right?" Then I think about a model of reality that involves some great white alpha male who knocked up a virgin and had a son who was a god, whom he allowed to get nailed to a tree so that married men in the 21st century could be forgiven for theft, embezzlement, corruption, and pedophilia; and get off scott free -- and decide, "Naaah."

8. I REALLY, REALLY like Green Day.

OK, a couple of tags (I don't keep track of who got these before, so if you've done one of these, just ignore this).

ModFab
Spiiderweb
Fat Bastard
Jay
Lynn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire